People often mention plastic door uPVC but you wonder as well as not understand What is uPVC?? The following article by SUNSPACE will provide you with information about this issue. So that you can better understand this plastic line and install orientation for your project.
1. What is uPVC?
To know What is uPVC?First of all, you need to learn about PVC. PVC resin was first discovered around the middle of the nineteenth century. It was not until the mid-twentieth century that this type of plastic became widely used. PVC consists of two basic forms, rigid PVC (uPVC) and soft PVC.
uPVC stands for unplasticized Poly Vinyl Chloride. uPVC is a hard plastic bar, also known as a profile bar. It is a non-plasticizing synthetic vinyl. uPVC plastic mainly consists of:
- Acrylic-based polymers
- Coloring agent
- Wax: Assists in plastic processing.
- PVC accounts for 75% in uPVC compound: Includes plastic particles of different purity and sizes.
- Additives account for 25% in the uPVC compound. Includes high grade Titanium dioxide for color stability. Low carbon calcium to ensure high angular force.
2. Characteristics of uPVC that you should know
According to research, the properties of uPVC are superior to other materials. uPVC plastic adds color fillers, has the effect of prolonging life, anti-aging. In addition, it prolongs the color fastness of plastic.
- uPVC resins have high chemical resistance over the allowable operating temperature and pressure range. The maximum temperature in the allowable operating range is 60oC and maximum pressure 450 PSI. This means that in the temperature environment below 600C and pressure below 450 PSI. Then uPVC can withstand many chemicals.
- uPVC plastic is resistant to weather extremes. And no deformation under normal weather conditions. But this plastic can reshape at high temperatures.
- uPVC plastic is much more resistant to corrosion and oxidation than other metals.
- uPVC plastic is not biodegradable, but can be recycled for reuse. uPVC plastic can be recycled 7 times and has a total lifespan of 140 years.
3. Outstanding advantages of uPVC
There are many advantages to using uPVC indoors. It is a very safe material. uPVC is also one of the lowest maintenance building materials you will find.
3.1 High strength and corrosion resistance – What are the advantages of uPVC?
Compared to many other types of plastic, uPVC is very durable. Better than PVC, ABS for outdoor use. That's because uPVC has a durable substance, withstands strong impacts, does not bend. The material will also never wear out and you save quite a bit on maintenance costs.
It is combined with a stabilizer that makes the plastic resistant to the effects of high temperatures and ultraviolet rays. Colorants are added to the resin mixture to avoid the possibility of discoloration. Compared with many materials such as aluminum, iron, wood, uPVC has the same lifespan as aluminum and iron.
3.2 Aesthetics, beautiful in all weather conditions
uPVC is an attractive, very aesthetically pleasing material. Especially when it is designed in doors, windows, etc. It has an attractive paint color usually white, ivory color. But with the advancement in technology, this plastic is more and more colorful.
The color actually goes right throughout the thickness of the material. If it gets scratched, you can usually polish the scratches without any problems at all. All you have to do is do proper maintenance. Give it a nice, smooth new coat!
Maybe you are interested Synthesis of the most beautiful glass wall samples for your home space
3.3 High fire resistance
uPVC plastic is completely waterproof and fireproof. uPVC is also fully recyclable at the end of its long life. Making it one of the more eco-friendly building materials. Builders and traders love to use uPVC because it's lightweight, durable, easy to use, and cost effective.
3.4 Reasonable price – What are the advantages of uPVC?
The price is much lower than other plastic lines on the market. In addition, the economic efficiency thanks to the cost savings incurred during use that uPVC brings will be more and more evident. Should be quite popular with many people not only because of the features but also because of the price.
4. Application of uPVC in life
uPVC is widely used in many fields of life. In architecture, uPVC doors are a new generation of doors. uPVC plastic is mainly used to make uPVC steel core plastic doors. Suitable for modern architecture, associated with the use of glass. Compared with traditional wooden or metal doors, uPVC doors have many outstanding advantages.
Besides, it is also used in many other fields such as: Water pipes, petroleum and gas drainage pipes at temperatures not exceeding 600. Ventilation equipment, gutters, for covering metals working in corrosive environments.
SUNSPACE Hope all the information shared in this article has helped you answer questions: What is uPVC? as well as their properties and advantages. If you want to learn more information about this material, please feel free to contact us.
Hanoi: ADG Tower, 37 Le Van Thiem, Thanh Xuan District
Hotline: 1900.98.98.48 – Tel: (024) 44 55 00 66
HCM: SAIGON PRIME Building – No. 107-109-111 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3
Tel: (028) 62 57 78 55
FACTORY : D3 Street, Pho Noi A Industrial Park, Yen My, Hung Yen
FANPAGE FACEBOOK: SUNSPACE