When using rolling doors, it is impossible to avoid technical problems. But how can users know how to quickly handle those errors, we would like to send you an article about common errors in rolling door operation and how to fix it.
There are two basic types of rolling doors that are used the most on the market and are always trusted: instant rolling shutters and slit rolling doors. Each type has its own features and usage, so the mistakes made are also different.
Summary of 17 common mistakes when using rolling doors
There are many reasons for the door not to work:
1. Loss of power for motorized rolling shutter doors. So you should check the power at the motor controller. After making sure the motor has power (each receiving box has a signal light, lit up means power is received). Then you can use it normally
2. If the door does not work due to the power source, you should check the handle, maybe your controller has run out of battery or has a damaged problem. If the battery condition is still normal, check the clutch latch. to detect problems
3. The door stops working unexpectedly while going up or down: Your door is jammed. You should double-check the horizontal lock to see if it's open, if it's open, close the horizontal lock, if not, you should consider. Re-operate. In case the cause is not the horizontal lock, the door pulls down and is deflected to one side or pulls the hand down very badly, it means that your spring is having a problem. To fix the spring for the door, you need to call a mechanic to check the damage level, if the damage is severe, you need to replace the spring with a new one.
4. Motorized door panels need to pay attention to more problems than manual rolling doors. Because the engine structure is more complicated. You should pay attention to change the battery for the controller regularly, check the control box and maintain the door to maintain its life
a. Squeeze when operating
A problem that also needs to be taken care of and we often encounter when using a rolling shutter door is that it makes a noise when operating, causing discomfort when used. There are many causes, but to detect and fix it yourself, you can check the following notes:
5. Excess door spokes: You can see that as soon as the door is pulled to the ground but the top spokes are not stretched, the spokes are slightly deviated, which means that your door has too many door spokes, so this situation occurs. You can call the installer to remove the door slats
6. Oily: When the door squeaks and makes noises from the rails, you should immediately oil it to keep the door running smoothly.
7. The remaining cause is from the door winch motor: Your engine is not good quality also contributes to the noise when operating. So before installation, please choose a quality motor and try it out.
b. Door not working
8. Due to control: Just like motorized rolling shutter doors, open slit roller shutters need to be aware of the controller. So what you should do First check the controller battery. If the battery runs out, replace the battery with a new one for the controller. If the cause is not the controller, check the power supply to the motor. The receiving box has power, the indicator light will be on.
9. Due to the bottom bar of the rolling door: You can pull the bottom 2 sides of the door when going up and down, which means that your door set is letting the bottom bar relax so the switch is always closed. Fix by widening the joints between the bottom bar and the door spokes.
c. Operation error:
10. Due to reversing, self-stop: Reversing does not stop automatically when encountering an obstacle. The reversing switch will be faulty causing the door to stop or reverse midway, which is a problem that homeowners often encounter. You can check by shorting the two ends of the reverse wire in the receiving box together. To fix this error, you need to call an installer to check the 2 switches and the connections of the bottom bar.
11. In-wall key failure: The wall-mounted key is directly connected to the motor by electrical wiring. When damaged, ie the wiring of the key and the motor has been partially broken, the door will stop by default. To fix this situation, you need to check the position of the wire break and reconnect it. Avoid having to dig a wall to connect the wires, arrange the electrical wiring properly to ensure aesthetics and easy repair when problems occur.
12. The door can only go down but not up: Check the control box to see if the control box pins are plugged in correctly. Next check the engine stroke cam.
Or test boot from. If your door is fitted with an anti-lift device, a failure of the anti-lift device can also be the cause of this phenomenon so you should be careful.
13. Controller code lock error: The phenomenon that the receiving box still receives signals from the normal controller and the wall button, but the door does not work. The reason is due to the hand code lock and the receiving box. Remedied by re-checking the controller and receiver box. Unlock the code and operate again.
14. Brake pad failure: When operating, the operation door makes an annoying noise and the operating speed is slow. Overcome by adjusting the increase and decrease of the black brake pads in the brake pads.
15. Travel error: The phenomenon that the door does not go up all the way, when closed it does not come down all the way. It is caused by a slip or damage of the dash cam. Fix it by checking the components inside the stroke box, adjusting the stroke accordingly.
16. Receiver box error: Causes the door to automatically go up and down when not in use. The reason is that the wave receiving box of the rolling door is faulty and the motor is flickering. Fix by replacing the receiver box or other suction coil.
17. Difficult to control the door up and down: Caused by a broken remote control due to a dead battery. Or poor signal reception. To fix it, you can replace the battery with a new one if the controller runs out of battery. If due to moisture, please clean the circuit board inside the controller with alcohol and dry both the controller and the receiver box.
Come to us, you will be consulted and provided with quality products, prestige with services that make you satisfied.
Or contact us directly for advice and the best product supply!
SUNSPACE DOORS JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Hanoi: ADG Tower, 37 Le Van Thiem, Thanh Xuan District
Hotline: 1900.98.98.48 – Tel: (024) 44 55 00 66
HCM: SAIGON PRIME Building – No. 107-109-111 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 3
Tel: (028) 62 57 78 55
FACTORY : D3 Street, Pho Noi A Industrial Park, Yen My, Hung Yen